Sunday, August 11, 2013

Two Days!

Today marks the home stretch - I leave in two days!  I don't think my mind has quite comprehended that I will be in Sweden in two days, and I will be meeting my host family in five.  I feel like I have finished just about everything I was hoping to do before I left.  Today at church I was presented with my Young Women's Personal Progress Medallion, which was a huge goal of mine to finish ever since I applied for YFU.  I had to say goodbye to my lovely Young Women leaders, but I'm so thankful for all their support and everything they have done for me.  I'm going to miss them and all the beautiful young ladies and members of the ward who I have been able to get to know in my two years here.

I can honestly say that I consider myself about 85% packed with maybe a not-so-small pile of extra stuff that can only be considered wishful thinking; I'm never gonna fit it all.  I guess maybe I could sacrifice some clothes for the sake of the weight limit but it's unlikely.  My father, Bob, being a masterful packer, will surely make it all work.  I have gotten my host family presents and gotten my travel documents all prepared.  I should be ready to leave to catch my afternoon flight on time.  I'm super excited to meet up with the other girls I met at the Chicago orientation who will also be going to Sweden with me!  It's been too long.

At this point I am ready to go, but my mind keeps thinking of all these things I wish I had a little more time to do.  I'd have to say that saying goodbye to friends has been hard.  A couple of my closest friends left for their summers almost a month ago and it's been rough without them (shout out to Annie and Melissa </3).  But above all would have to be parting with my fish, Henry.  A stressful evening it was indeed, but I know he is in good hands for the following year.

I dunno if my parents have noticed that I'm not going to be here for the rest of the week; they keep buying my favorite foods in bulk and randomly interjecting daily concerns they have.  They're wandering around like dazed sheep, poor things.  I hope they don't get too crazy while I'm gone.  They're going to miss my constant music & sunny disposition :) You kids stay safe, Bob and Tomoko.


Bob & Tomoko and the YW Medallion
A few of my fantastic YW leaders

No comments:

Post a Comment